With Hunger Games Mania sweeping the nation and excitement meeting a fever pitch, I thought this might be an opportune time to discuss other, serious, more pressing matters affecting our civilization.
Yeah, right! This here is another in a long series of posts where I obsess endlessly about The Hunger Games. So without further ado, I now present…
The Top Twelve Things
I Am Looking Forward To With
The Hunger Games Movie!!!!!!
13. Seneca Crane’s beard. It looks awful. But aren’t all Capital fashions?
12. Seeing Prim on screen. This is going to be hard. She is such a pivotal character, in the beginning, middle, and end. Tragic.
11. Trying desperately to control myself from throwing popcorn at the screen whenever Gale rears his yucky head. For the record, I am firmly in the Peeta camp. Gale deserves a visit from a whackload of Trackerjackers.
10. The Salute. Seen in the trailers. Get me a whole bunch of goose bumps every time I view it.
9. Seeing those little gift boxes float on down. That’s gonna be freaky!
8. Speaking of Trackerjackers! I have always, always, HATED bees! When the Trackerjackers appear, you will find me cowering behind my seat. Possibly whimpering. It won’t be pretty.
7. Rue’s Lullaby. Will bring lots of tissues. Enough said.
6. Going all Cato on any idiot in the theatre who starts texting, tweeting, or any other darn stupid smartphone thing. The cheers from the rest of the audience should be impressive.
5. Watching the fight between Katniss and Haymitch. I kinda hope they change it and she gets to deck him. Always thought Haymitch needed a good smack sometimes.
4. Effie is quite repulsive in personality and appearance. She lives and Cinna dies? Ain’t no justice in this world. Cinna rocks. Effie sucks.
2. I am really wondering how the wolves scene at the end is going to translate to the big screen.
1. I have to say it again. Rue’s Lullaby.
Okay, so it’s really thirteen things. So sue me. Or send me some Trackerjackers in the mail.
And remember, The Hunger Games opens on Friday, March 23rd, 2012. Can’t wait to see you there.
P.P.S. All Hunger Games pictures are copyright 2012 to Loins Gate Films.